A while back, I had the opportunity to try out some new workout clothing. Now, if you’re familiar with who I am and what I stand for then you should know that workout clothing is put very high in the rank of “what to wear” for me. If we’re talking stats, let’s just say that existing in this type of clothing accounts for 75% of my day (the other 25% being pajamas. How cool am I??). So it’s a pretty big deal when you’re sent some to try out…aka live in.
The company in question here is not your average workout apparel line either, it’s a little company that has a big message: take control of our lives and our dreams. The company is Actio926 and it was founded by Stephanie Radkay. She has a rather interesting story for the start of her company and I love that action is Latin for action. She has done it all: marathon runner, commodity broker, cheerleader, and dreamer to name a few. And now she wants to inspire us to get active and stay active while wearing technically driven, higher fashion, super comfortable gear. She’s doing this all–running her business and inspiring others–in LA while making sure any clothing item is tested and retested by her, personally. She’s my kind of lady ;).
I was given the chance to try out one top and one bottom item, so I went with Own the Draft for the top and Rock the Course legging for the pants.
I’m not usually one to dive into dangerous (read: new, uncomfortable, brightly colored) territory, but I did so this time with the leggings because even before realizing the color, I loved that they offer light compression, helping give muscles the support they need through a workout. I’ve never experienced this before in a workout pant, so I was intrigued.
First impression: Apart from being resistant to the color (I’m still working on the kinks in my silly brain), they are light-weight, and do have the support feeling I was hoping for from the description. I can definitely see myself getting a lot of use out of them, probably mostly in running.
As for the top, I don’t know why I decided on a long sleeve going into summer. I guess my focus was on “black and/or something less wild than the pants.”
First impression: When first putting the top on, I thought that it did not look the same on me as it did on (the model on) the website. I really wanted it to work better than I feel it does. The wider neckline looks much different/wider on me than what I thought it was, given the images online. But that’s ok. It happens. It’s often hard to get the true feel for something by just looking online. If I could do it again, I probably would have gone with a tank, due to sensibility for the season change. The top is super comfortable though and pretty good in length. It also has the added bonus of having thumbholes (that can sometimes be a take-home for me).
I don’t like to limit my workout clothing to just one activity, so I made sure to test out Action in all areas.
Yoga (which kind of, sort of felt like hot yoga underneath that sun).
Because I think that’s pretty much what it comes down to having functional workout clothing, that not only looks pretty when you’re in it partaking in your activity but feels good and comes from a company wanting you to get active and take control. That’s pretty powerful. So powerful that now it’s your turn to reap the benefits.
Actio926 is giving you the opportunity to win a clothing item (either top or bottom) of your choice! All you have to do is leave a comment below telling me what helps keep you active. I will select a winner on Friday (04/10). Good luck!
Disclosure: Through my partnership with Fit Approach, this post is sponsored by Actio926. I also received a top and a pair of pants to review. As always, all opinions expressed are my own.